One
early evening, many, many years back, I was still a child, I remember returning
from school with my mom. She carried a heavy weight I recall, at least one
heavy bag in each of her hands. Up the hill near our home, there was a very
pale young man seating in the ground.
My
mom approaches him, slowly dropping the heavy bags in the street pavement and addresses
him asking if he is OK.
I
heard voices telling her to stay away “another junkie” the voices said “do not
approach as he may have contagious diseases”. Ignoring the voices around her
she tenderly gave him support, holding firm until he was strong enough to stand.
I
will never forget: the bravery, the kindness, mom's instinctive will to always
help others in continuous acts of kindness – regardless of if they will ever
help her back. Wonderful lesson.
Patrícia
No comments:
Post a Comment