As I suppose any child, while growing up, I was constantly
told that patience is a virtue. However, it was a virtue that I lacked. My
experience was that patience was a synonym of missing out on something I desired
and thus I wondered how significant the quality was. Hence I was always fast tracking
myself throughout different aspects of my personal and professional life – in
fear I would miss out.
Again, I knew patience was a virtue – so I had been told. I
accepted that it was not my strong point and did nothing about it just keeping
fast forwarding. Like the rabbit from the child tale the rabbit and the turtle.
Only that, in the story, the rabbit decides to stop and take a short nap whereas
I really didn't. And so I got to the point of exhaustion.
I was about to learn why patience is a virtue and that
patience may have different faces: overcoming the impulse of reacting to someone
upsetting you; facing boredom; or - the one I was struggling at this moment - to face a health condition.
In my case being the patience required of me to face the long process of
recovering from exhaustion. Ans doing nothing is very hard to do, because you never know when you are finished! I also learned patience does not come naturally - not to me, at
least - so I need to train it. Train to be the turtle, always moving yet
at a natural pace.
It is said that nothing teaches like experience. We gain
moral maturity each moment precisely because each moment brings some difficulty
that we must overcome. And among the virtues gained through difficulty is
patience. I now know I lack patience, but I learned why it is important and, mostly, that I should seek to exercise
it – yes, we spend so long ensuring we keep in physical/healthy shape and so
little ensuring we keep our ethical shape…
And so, as Neal Donald Walsh, refers to it: “Patience, above all else, is what is needed right now. Do not let anxiousness or frustration take over. Conditions on the exterior of your experience will change, but your highest benefit will be achieved when conditions on your interior remain the same. Hold on to your inner peace. Reclaim your identity. Trust your higher wisdom. Look to the grander vision.”
And so, as Neal Donald Walsh, refers to it: “Patience, above all else, is what is needed right now. Do not let anxiousness or frustration take over. Conditions on the exterior of your experience will change, but your highest benefit will be achieved when conditions on your interior remain the same. Hold on to your inner peace. Reclaim your identity. Trust your higher wisdom. Look to the grander vision.”
PatrĂcia
No comments:
Post a Comment